It’s time for our transport network to catch up.
Since the 2016 federal election, more than 40,000 people have moved to Wyndham. Federal investment in transport infrastructure simply hasn’t kept up. We need real action now.
The West is a great place to live and to do business. But unless we act now our transport woes will only get worse, with Melbourne’s West expected to outgrow Perth in the next 30 years.
New rail infrastructure is already overdue – and the 2019 Federal Election is a crucial opportunity for us to make it happen.
Wyndham and other local governments are calling for the federal government to fund new infrastructure and services ASAP.
Less time stuck in traffic or waiting for overcrowded trains. More time with our loved ones. It’s really not too much to ask.
Show your support by signing up. It’s also a great way to stay updated on campaign news and how you can help.
We’re calling on political parties to:
- take steps towards developing the Outer Metropolitan Ring, a 100-kilometre-long high-speed transport link for people and freight, including an Environmental Impact Assessment
- connect Sunshine and Geelong by fast rail, via Wyndham, unlocking major employment opportunities
- connect Werribee and Wyndham Vale by rail
- add stations and capacity on the Regional Rail Link line to Wyndham Vale, including construction of the Sayers Rd Railway Station to build on the opportunity of the newly planned A-League Stadium
- add further capacity on the Werribee Line
- work towards delivering the Western Interstate Freight Terminal in Truganina, including developing a land and infrastructure planning study
- deliver improved commuter parking at train stations
- improve bus services across Wyndham including higher frequencies, and responsive and flexible services.